Monday, May 26, 2014

Good Days

There ARE good days on this weight loss journey.  Of course the weigh-ins have all been good because I've continued to go down, even if it's only a pound.  But today was good because I didn't experience the temptation that I normally face.  Sights and smells were just not a big deal to me.  This is pretty rare.  Most days it drives me nuts to see commercials for food on TV, and to watch my family eat things I can't eat.  I hide in my office during meal time a lot!  But some days, and thankfully today was one of them, I just don't have to fight.  And it feels good. 
I spent my Memorial Day at home with my family, cleaning and preparing for my son's graduation party.  My husband put steaks and burgers on the grill, and I made fried zucchini and mashed potatoes for them.  But I prepared my own zucchini w/just a touch of oil and no flour...just some salt and pepper.  I ate Medifast mashed potatoes.  I had turkey meatballs.  And I thoroughly enjoyed an extra serving of Diet Coke as my treat.  I did, however, have a couple small bites of steak (to taste) and a small slice of watermelon. But it was controlled...it was my "picnic", so I didn't feel deprived. 
Feeling very blessed with success.

No comments:

Post a Comment