Saturday, April 5, 2014

I Survived Week Two

I made it through week two!  I lost 3.2 pounds this week.  My total for 2 weeks is 13 pounds.  How awful is it that I'm disappointed?  I'm disappointed that I didn't do the program 100%...a couple times I ate bites of items that were not on program, and a few times I ate extra program items because of hunger.  If I had done the program 100%, maybe it would be 15 pounds!  But I know in my heart I did my best....it has been such a difficult thing for me to do!  I need to press on.  I want so badly to get this weight off, but I've told myself a million times that it didn't come on overnight and it won't disappear overnight.  A month ago I couldn't imagine losing so much so fast....but being hungry for 14 days kinda makes me in a hurry to get it over!
I miss food.  I miss eating.  The Medifast meals, although palatable and nutritious, are not "real food" to me.  I guess that's good...I never crave another Medifast! :)  This program is allowing me to escape my addictions/triggers (sugar, flour, fats) but still know I'm getting proper nutrition.  The closest I'm going to get to "cold turkey" for food addiction. 
I've also cut back significantly on my sugar substitutes.  I used to drink a lot of sugar free beverages, flavored waters and Diet Coke.  I still allow myself between 8-16oz. of Diet Coke a day, but the rest of my drinking is water....Eight 8oz. glasses a day is recommended for the normal person....my size adds two more, and for each 8 oz of Diet Coke I'm supposed to add another 8 oz. of water.  I'm averaging 11 glasses of water a day!!
How do I feel?  Well, the first week was fatigue!  But week two I really did feel pretty good.  Not MORE energetic than usual, but I didn't feel fatigued any more. 
I'm encouraged to continue.  I'm going to keep myself occupied and work at distracting my mind from cravings!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing GREAT, Andi...please don't go the guilt route. I had a doctor tell me that 1/2 to 1 pound a week is great progress...and you actually lost 3 this week!! It takes 30 days to make a new habit (I've heard) so keep going...you're half way there to a new habit! And I'm praying for you daily! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Deb! I will take that advice...I sat back today and realized that I've never lost 13 pounds in 14 days before, and I'm very grateful! Dropping the guilt for today and rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete